Friday, May 21, 2010

worlds within worlds (a pictorial essay)


busy with the day i dash past this bush in my yard. passed it a hundred times before never taking notice, at best peripheral to my world, this world of its own.

but today i noticed it because its blooming, and my eyes are held captive by it's beauty.



so i come a little closer to get a better look.
our worlds converging as never before.






now my heart beats faster as i begin to perceive the breath and depth of its beauty.

drawn onward i go closer...


my face is practically inside the blossoms now, this buffet for the bees, yes worlds within worlds silently we pass by, yet i am drawn closer and to my great surprise...


behind the blossoms a whole other world within a world within a world to see, flightless baby birds waiting for mom. not a sound, barely a movement, a bundle of feathers, in a nest of twigs and scraps of plastic netting and other human debris re-cycled and re-used by birds; and we think we are so clever.
worlds within worlds,
if only we will see.


©2010 halley low

No comments:

Post a Comment